Tuesday 25 October 2011

Say No to Crackers

When I was a kid, I was always very excited about this festival, looking forward to spending the evening with my cousins. They loved burning crackers and I used to stand at a corner and participate with small crackers. That was long time ago, when I was in I think 5th or 6th standard. After that the next couple of years, I celebrated Diwali in Chennai. There it was celebrated as a get together in the society, a good dinner and some crackers.
I guess that was the last time I celebrated diwali with crackers. Yeah I don’t like crackers, I hate pollution. The only thing I like about diwali is to see the city decorated with lights. Delhi looks really beautiful.

This year too diwali for me is about lighting candles. I do that every diwali , I buy some candles and light them in evening. After diwali prayers, dugdug and I sit in my room, with AC on and watch TV. Its impossible for both of us to even think of going out in open, for me its because of pollution and for him he is scared of the noise because of crackers.
Now more and more of my friends have joined the anti-cracker campaign with me that is heartening to see. So this diwali I have plans to meet some couple of college friends in afternoon and then play PS3 with school friends in evening. That should be fun.
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous Diwali.
Celebrate it with candles not crackers. J

No comments:

Post a Comment