Tuesday 18 December 2012

The ugly face of this world


Three barbaric incidents in last couple of days have really surprised, shocked me. Two in the developing region of India- subcontinent and the third in developed region - US. Truly goes to show that the anti-social elements are present all over the world.

The first one - the attack and killing of little school children in US, the second one - killing of UN activists giving polio drops in Pakistan and the third - gangrape of a girl in Delhi in a moving bus. 

All these incidents makes me feel angry and at the same time scared, its not only the terrorists which we need to be scared of now - if seems now even a common man walking on a road can suddenly pull out a gun and start firing. I dont know how we can stop this completely, but am sure its high time we need to do something about it.

Being a Delhite, I urge government to take a serious action against those rapists - please hang them, they dont deserve to live even for one minute. Please do it as soon as possible before a common man forgets about this incident - we should ensure that it registers in mind of those uncivilised people that they cant afford to take law in their hands. 

I am not reacting to this just because it happened in my city, am reacting to it because I do feel bad about the situation of safety of women in our country, I feel bad because I seriously dont see it changing in near future too given the level of illiteracy, political influence in our country and sad state of the way government deals with all these issues. In addition, the sorry state of Indian media which does not know how to be effective and the stupid TV serials where women are either shown to be weak or bad (using a soft word as its my resolution not to use foul language). I believe bollywood can also play its part by making good movies and not promoting some idiotic women who are just looking for cheap publicity.

Yes, being a Delhite am ashamed of the incident that happened in Delhi and I can just say sorry for what happened, though I understand it does not mean anything and nothing can now bring peace to that girl and her family. I am not going to defend my city by saying that anti-social elements are in every city, but will just like to say that there are good people in Delhi which are in majority and hopefully by good police control and timely intervention by government Delhi will be a safe city in near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment