Monday 23 September 2013

The blank dreams

“Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” 

As a kid/teenager, I dreamt of being famous. Sometimes as a cricketer winning the world cup, sometimes as a tennis player winning the Wimbledon, sometimes as a F1 driver winning the Monaco Grand Prix, sometimes as a footballer playing in the EPL, and yes sometimes as a politician changing the country for the good. Once awake, I carried on with my normal school/college life letting those dreams fade away. Those were childish dreams and I never ever thought of seriously pursuing any of them. I call them blank dreams.

I think I lacked the focus or drive to achieve any of those dreams. I never ever tried for any of them seriously. I was super happy living an ordinary life – 8 am to 2 pm school, come back home rest , do homework , go out and play, come back have dinner and sleep. I enjoyed it. I never ever thought about my future. I never had the firepower to try and do something extraordinary.

Today also a part of it holds true. Yes I admit that. I am not trying to do anything extraordinary to get noticed. But at the same time, I do believe that I will make a difference one day and somewhere if I keep this belief, make the right career choices and put in the hard work required I will definitely make a difference and make myself heard one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment